- Don't start your seeds indoors too early. Plants become leggy and sometimes are not good producers once planted in the garden.
- Harden off seedlings 7 to 10 days before transplanting in the garden.
- Set the new seedlings outside on an overcast day or in a shady area.
- Increase sunlight daily and monitor moisture levels.
- Do not let new seedlings dry out.
- Plant annuals and most vegetables after the danger of frost has passed. Seedlings will not benefit from being planted in cool soils so wait for correct conditions and don't rush your planting in the spring.